Microsoft has announced the most recent updates to Dynamics 365 and Power Platform through the dynamics 365 release wave 2021. According to the 2022 release wave 1 plan documents, customers and partners may receive preview and production-ready upgrades from Microsoft from April to September 2022.
Early access will begin on January 31.
The Dynamics 365 release wave schedule now includes Microsoft industry clouds for healthcare, financial services, and nonprofits, as well as the Cloud for Sustainability. To review the dynamics 365 2021 release wave 2 plan, you may have to go through the pdf of 149 pages. Well, we are offering a concise version for a basic understanding to know your needs further.
What are the changes in 2022?
So, what you can expect, and when the Dynamics 365 release schedule is due? Plan is already here and access will begin from April. Content fragments and themes can help marketers enhance authoring efficiency. Thanks to investments in data and AI, marketers can now create content with deep customization and codeless experiences. Every customer interaction is crucial, and with this release, we’re allowing our customers to continue the discussion by responding to SMS messages with a tailored experience based on responses utilizing unique keywords that can be added to journeys.
Dynamics 365 enhancement highlights include:
- Marketers can improve authoring efficiency by using content fragments and themes. Marketers can now author content with deep customization utilizing codeless experiences thanks to investments in data and AI.
- Dynamics 365 Sales puts data to work and allows for seamless collaboration, allowing salespeople to be more productive and add value to every customer engagement.
- With the new Customer Service Admin Center app, we’ve made it easier to get up and running quickly by providing guided task-based experiences.
- New capabilities and increased usability have been added to the scheduling board in Dynamics 365 Field Service.
- Dynamics 365 Finance is providing subscription billing to the general public. It is to ensure that businesses can thrive in a service-based economy.
- Due to better warehousing and factory execution workloads, businesses may scale mission-critical processes using cloud and edge scale units.
- Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management now includes a larger set of out-of-the-box provider connections. It enables speedier deployment and connecting to a larger ecosystem of solutions across the order gathering, logistics, fulfillment, and delivery process flows.
- To help improve project planning and delivery efficiencies, Dynamics 365 Project Operations is investing in enabling features including onboarding, estimating, and using external talent pools.
- Dynamics 365 Guides for HoloLens 2 continues to offer capabilities that facilitate author and operator collaboration.
Some more Highlights include:
- The Dynamics 365 Remote Assist invests in B2B service scenarios by introducing one-time calling to general availability and providing additional calling policies for external users.
- This release includes customer segmentation and targeting using Dynamics 365 Customer Insights. And, as well as out-of-the-box A/B experimentation and analytics features.
- Payment Service Providers, even those with a multi-level corporate structure, will be able to offer fraud prevention as a service to their clients.
- Consent enablement elements in Microsoft’s customer data platform, Dynamics 365 Customer Insights; have been expanded across more areas of Customer Insights.
Microsoft Teams integration becomes even more pervasive for Dynamics 365 apps:
- Use the built-in Teams chat to collaborate on marketing content generation.
- From the Sales app, you can collaborate with your sales team.
- Customer support representatives can integrate data, receive AI-generated chat summaries, and receive AI-suggested connections.
- Because of the “elimination of license friction” and the improved capacity to display data within Teams, Business Central users can share data in Teams.
Power Platform highlights in this release wave include:
- The creation of measures using natural language (Power BI).
- New co-development capabilities in Power Apps.
- More use of GPT-3 and PROSE AI models for development with natural language (Power Apps).
- Global search via Dataverse in Portals.
- Better machine management tools for Azure for RPA (Power Automate).
- Power Virtual Agents integration with Portals.
- New document automation capabilities in AI Builder that use semantic understanding.
- Support for Dataverse data export in Delta Lake format.
What is the future of Microsoft Dynamics 365?
While a major custom-scope project may be a suitable fit for some businesses, others prefer to start small by deploying a solution with minimum customizations to the Dynamics 365 system out of the box. This is gradually developed and expanded after the original launch to boost performance even further. This is a popular choice for businesses wishing to cut expenses upfront, simplify the adoption, and achieve immediate wins.
Microsoft is always innovating and improving its technology and product capabilities. You can be confident that your CRM system will grow with you thanks to regular upgrades and two major releases each year.