Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is a full supply chain solution that helps businesses achieve their supply chains visibility, resilience, and performance and improve supply chain capabilities.
Supply Chain Management Highlights
- Offer the Inventory Visibility Add-in a single, organizationally accessible source of truth for inventory quantity and inventory control.
- Enable visibility of goods in transit and measure the cost of finished goods using landed costs and location profiles.
- Facilitate asset management consumer transparency and reliability by allowing them to account for their customers’ maintenance.
- Reduce the time and costs of training and improve warehouse workers’ productivity with a new, user-friendly mobile device app.
- Comply with the Global Inventory Accounting Add-in to international accounting principles.
- Reduce time and administrative effort related to reimbursement and deduction services through management of rebates and work templates.
- Enable customers, without interruption or in size, conduct task-critical operations by expanding their resiliency into manufacturing and warehouse operations.
- Help manufacturers monitor their development schedule and warehouse processes and evaluate delivery lead times, allowing them to manage both lead time buffers and the planning horizon.
This release focuses on the addition to Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, including constant preparation of material requirement planning II (MRP II) capabilities. MRP II (read about the difference) assists planners in monitoring their production schedules in manufacturing firms and in deciding delivery times.
This release also introduces further changes in the planning optimization to take advantage of purchasing inputs and the staged demand prediction model and enable planners to handle both periods and the planning horizons more flexibly.
Users can expect better and amazing enhancements in planning optimization:
- Users may accept routine orders and make sure that improvements are retained throughout the next master plan.
- The margin of receipt will now be applied for the measurement of lead time.
- During master planning, service items are automatically filtered out to prevent the provision of service items.
- Expected intercorporate demand from other businesses is now included.
Inventory and logistics
Microsoft is offering some new inventory and logistics features in this release of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management to help businesses gain visibility, resilience, and effectiveness in their supply chain. Firstly, the visibility add-in for inventory equilibriums offers a single, corporate source of reality.
It has also started the landing costs, a new feature that offers goods-in-transit visibility and calculates shipments’ estimated and true landing costs. Our mobile warehouse redesign app gives warehouse staff a new, user-friendly interface that helps them to train faster and more efficiently each day.
Preview of Inventory Visibility Add-in
With this feature, businesses can maintain a single global inventory location and easily expand inventory visibility through related applications in real-time. Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management Inventory visibility add-in is an independent, highly scalable, and high-volume microservice that enables retailers and manufacturers to handle millions of inventory updates per minute and obtain an in-channel stock location in real-time.
New inventory dimensions for product version tracking and enhanced extensibility
Version is a product dimension that supports businesses in managing and monitoring various product versions through the supply chain. The new standardized dimensions allow for greater flexibility to expand the application’s functionality to suit their business needs.
Engineering Change Management
For manufacturers to succeed in an environment of ever-reducing product life cycles, the demands for quality and reliability, and increasing their emphasis on product protection, the Engineering Change Management Adjunct for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Manager offers solid data, version control, and product changing management framework. This inventory management system allows producers to simplify product data management, reduce costs, reduce production defects, reduce waste when design changes are made, and monitor new products’ entry.
The advanced warehouse management Dynamics 365 module helps you handle warehouse operations in production, distribution, and retail enterprises. This module has a wide variety of functions to provide full support for the warehouse at all times. Advanced warehouse structures benefit transportation, development, quality control, acquisition, transfer, sales, returns, and warehousing management completely integrated with other business processes.
Process transfer orders from warehouse app
This feature of the warehouse’s app in d365fo allows warehouse staff to generate and process sales orders from the warehouse application directly. The warehouse employees will start by choosing the destination warehouse and then use the app to scan one or more license plates for the transfer order. If a warehouse worker prefers Full order, a batch job produces the order and order lines based on the on-line stock levels registered for the license plates.
This release concentrates on allowing customers to carry out manufacturing procedures that are critically essential to tasks without interference by expanding their cloud hub with border units on the shop floor and building resilience into key manufacturing processes. It also introduces upgrades and new technologies to the production floor’s execution interface, including the incorporation of asset management.
This release offers reliability and accountability for businesses that use Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management asset management complements to maintain their customers’ assets. It helps those businesses to pay for the maintenance they do for their customers. It also provides incremental changes that simplify and increase the efficiency of planned maintenance planning and execution and ensure necessary maintenance work is carried out at the right time, for instance, based on sensor details.
Now, you understand a lot about the release and its new additions. If you are still worrying about applying it to your business, you can always get to the DFSM consultations for more information and request Dynamics 365 supply chain management demo.