The 2021 Microsoft Power Platform Release Wave 1 has new features for the ever-changing business needs. The features are releasing soon from April 2021 through to September 2021. It includes all the features for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Apps Portals, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, AI Builder, and Data Integration.
News and changes in Microsoft Power Platform Release Wave 1
Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI invests in their key areas of encouraging a positive data culture through amazing data experiences, integrations where teams work, and modern enterprise BI.
- Power BI Pro delivers AI-infused insights to ensure easy access for everyone. Microsoft will continue to make Power BI content easier. The new Quick Create feature will evolve and always allow you to access advanced capabilities like small multiples and composite models. Further Power BI will be available to integrate the Teams with new experiences in teams channels, meetings, and chat.
- Power BI Premium continues to provide features that allow companies to speed up delivering insights on a scale that fits the company’s most challenging needs. This release offers versatile licensing models for businesses to choose between choices for per user per capability.
Power BI Embedded supplies a new product generation that allows customers to increase their ROI, scale quickly and achieve 16 times faster efficiency. Continuous usage analysis and cost control would be made possible for clients at the workspace level. Embedded Generation 2 also introduces a lower level of entrance for paginated reports and AI workload—start with an A1 SKU and get as you need it.
Microsoft Power Apps:
Microsoft Power Apps blend a bare canvas’s versatility that can link to any data source with the strength that is modelled over Microsoft Dataverse with the rich types, views, and dashboards. This release adds Monitor for debugging features, printing support (one top request from our maker community), and mixed truth for canvas applications. Microsoft also enhances global search relevance and introduces in-app updates to applications powered by templates.
Power Apps portals:
Power Apps Portals improve the integration of Power BI to support live Microsoft Azure Analysis Services. It allows the sending of custom data objects, which provide additional background for customizing end-user reports and dashboards. Microsoft is introducing the ability to share apps with colleagues outside a team’s integrations at the front of Team Dataverse and enabling table data editing in Excel.
Microsoft Power Automate:
Microsoft Power Automate workflow strengthens the integration of cloud flow with other Microsoft products. For instance, a new trigger can be found in Microsoft Dataverse while an operation is being carried out. This feature enhances work with the traditional model of events and improves alignment with Dynamics 365 Finance Operations. Power Automate Desktop was launched in December 2020 to general availability and allowed manufacturers to automate their desktop applications’ diversity. Shortly, Microsoft will include migration, safe credential management, and much more for current software and UI customers.
Finally, the Process Advisor enhances experiences, which offers insights into how people function. A process mining feature in Power Automate provides rich visualizations where users can find routine, time-consuming processes that can best be automated.
Microsoft Power Virtual Agents:
Microsoft Power Virtual Agents offers enhancements to the authoring experience by offering topic recommendations from bot sessions, image and video assistance, and management of new stimuli to increase your bot’s capability. Additionally, it has the ” @mention” functionality and the ability to share your bot with a protection community to Power Virtual Agents (PVA) that is generated by Teams. Microsoft has also expanded upon the incorporation of Power Automate with improved error handling. Finally, we will obtain PCI and HITRUST certifications and support for the government Cloud.
The Power Platform capability incorporates new AI models features in the preview and improvements in form processing. To detect if a signature has a particular position in a document, the new capacity requires a new area of availability and signature detection.
How can DFSM help?
DFSM is here to help you implement the same tools and app along with the consultancy. We will ensure you will have a brief understanding of the latest release to easily understand the new features and work according to your business needs.
We will help you implement the Power BI and provide consultancy. Company intelligence in Microsoft simplifies the way businesses gain data insights and these insights allow organizations to make decisions, not assumptions, based on evidence. The emphasis is still on three key areas for Microsoft:
- Amazing data experiences
- Modern enterprise BI
- Integrations where teams work
Similarly, the other upgrades are also part of the consultancy if you need them for your business.
Power Apps updates contain:
- Single Interface Experience duplication identification.
- Improved connectivity to mobile business processes.
- Enhanced search knowledge of global significance.
- Model-driven in-app alerts.
- Form processing improvements
- New Region Availability
- Signature detection
Power Apps Portals
- Significant improvements for portal developers of all skills.
- Enhancements to the low code toolset to reduce the time taken to build sophisticated websites.
- Support is enabled for familiar pro-developer tools for advanced developers.
- In-app notifications for model-driven apps.
Digital and robotic process automation (RPA) helps organizations to do things more efficiently. Power automation changes include:
- Cloud Flows
- Desktop Flows
- Process Advisor
Power Virtual agents
Enhanced authoring experience includes:
- Variables list
- Topic suggestions from bot sessions
- Cards for adaptation
- Incorporation of Power Automation with increased error management
- Management of new trigger issue
Improved data integration includes:
- Enhancement by Azure Maps integration
- Gateway diagnostics
- Enhanced management of errors
- Visual data prep for Power Query Desktop
- Upgrades in security