Many product support offerings are ending in 2021,one of them being Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016. Microsoft announced an end to support services for SharePoint 2016 by July 13, 2021. This means that SharePoint updates are coming your way, so you have to prepare your organization to migrate to SharePoint. When you upgrade to SharePoint Online, you will no longer have to think about costly hardware or software updates every few years and we at DFSM will assist you in making a seamless transition.
So, first of all, what are the SharePoint upgrades?
If you’re using SharePoint 2010 but preparing to upgrade to SharePoint 2013, or if you already have SharePoint 2013, your company could be in the process of upgrading the SharePoint 2013 platform to SharePoint 2016.
SharePoint Upgrade or SharePoint Migration: What’s best?
An update is a process of replacing your old software with a newer version of the same product at its most basic level. A migration often entails replicating the data and processes on a new platform.
However, conversion between versions of the same software product, such as Microsoft SharePoint, is possible. Consider these facts when deciding if a SharePoint Online migration or update is the best choice for your business.
Now you have to judge your situation and see if any of the following scenarios apply to you. Then, you can further decide about your migration strategy.
- You want to migrate a legacy SharePoint on-premises environment to the cloud.
- You want to migrate your file shares to Microsoft 365’s SharePoint platform.
- You’d like to update your current SharePoint Server environment to SharePoint Server 2019.
- You intend to move from a third-party solution.
If any of these are you, then you need an advisor to help you with the migration without any hassle. Here comes the DFSM team for assistance.
Hassle-free SharePoint Migration
With our validated methodology and strategy, carried out by a team of seasoned solution architects and developers, we will help you effectively migrate your SharePoint environment regardless of where you are in the scenarios above. These primary phases will be covered in our standard migration approach. Check out our SharePoint online migration checklist to proceed further.
Analysis & Design
- Understand the company’s main drivers.
- Take a closer look at the immediate surroundings
- Defining project progress indicators.
- Approach architecture and migration plan drafting
Build & Deploy
- Site selection and provisioning tenant configuration.
- Design of the new User Interface’s branding and theming.
- Assist with content migration and security.
- End-user, power-user, and site owner/admin preparation.
- Checking from beginning to end.
- Budgeting for UAT.
- Technical specification changes must be reported.
- After-the-fact assistance.
- On-demand refresher training for site owners or power users.
- Site optimization and strategic consulting.