Today, we are going to reveal the new payment processing automation in Dynamics 365 finance and operation . The new process allowing people to create a pre-defined schedule with a combination of payment proposal criteria. It further enables you to create payment journals, with less user intervention. So, when you install the PU35 (see how to setup), you will be able to fully benefit this feature as it is managed by PU35.
Steps of Process Automation
- Set Up a schedule (Set it up under Accounts Payable–>Setup–>Payment–>Process Automations)
- For creating a new process every time, you can start it by selecting “Create new process automation”, then you will further see the schedule type as “Vendor payment”.
This new feature is easing the process by allowing you to schedule the automation process. It can be effective without changing any of the daily activities of the company.
- One can schedule the payment processing considering different criteria for different days or times of the day.
- It will reduce the manual processing of journal creation for the payment process.
- The dashboard enables you to view all the details of the schedule along with the errors, so you can resolve them.
How to setup an Automated payment processing systems
- Click on the “Create Series”, you will see the options to set the batch job and define alerts to monitor the processing.
- Then, you click “Next” and you will be presented with a similar form as the payment proposal. Options will be like Amount limit, Include invoices from other companies (Centralized payments option), Delete negative payments, etc.
- The options that are not available in this form are the From Date and To Date. In this Form, you will get these options as Date criteria check box and number of day adjustments for to date. It will automatically pick any payment that is due for a given day when the job is executed.
- Also, you can mark the Define to date criteria to pay invoices earlier than a due date and then enter the number of days before the due date.
- In the end, finish the button and you will see the schedule setup. On the right side, you can view the schedule and disable or edit as you wish.
- Even if the job starts, you can view and change from scheduled to executing.
- Finally, you can see the results to view journals by clicking on view results.
- In this case, the job has processes journal is created with all invoices that are having payment as a check.
Ultimately, the Dynamics 365 finance and operations sales order processing is a blessing and one can always save a lot of time. So, no more manual scheduling and you can set it on automation., for a seamless implementation of the system and training, you have DFSM as your perfect assistance whenever you need them. Our experts are looking forward to your queries and ready to guide you through the process at any hour of need.